The Director of Media Relations is primarily responsible for communicating and promoting the university to the media and to key constituents. The media relations office is the point of contact for reporters and editors who have questions about the university or would like to arrange an interview for a story about ECSU or about current events.
The media relations office works with divisions, schools, departments, units and programs to release information to the media about ECSU accomplishments, including those of faculty, staff and students. The office provides information about ECSU events and activities to the media. If you would like to inform the media about news, information or events, please complete the Publicity Request Form.
- Foster and maintain relationships with media contacts and key constituents
- Write and distribute press releases to obtain local, regional and national media coverage
- Pitch news stories and story ideas to reporters and editors of print, broadcast and online news outlets
- Respond to inquiries about the university from the media and respond to media requests to interview faculty, staff or students
- Interview the administration, faculty, staff, students, alumni, donors and other key constituents for news releases and other communications about ECSU
- Prepare faculty, staff and students for interviews with news media
- Develop and distribute messages to obtain publicity for major ECSU events
- Advise divisions, schools, departments and units on methods for attracting publicity for their events, seminars, performances and other programs
- Provide publicity support to the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics for major sports events
Contact Robert Kelly-Goss (252) 335-8745, for more information about media relations and publicity.