Definitions + Specifications
Includes external printers, copy centers and the ECSU Copy Center
Professional Typesetting/Graphic Design/Layout
To ensure quality standards are met, it is highly recommended that publications and print materials be professionally typeset and designed. This helps protect ECSU's image.
To ensure quality standards are upheld, particularly for text-intensive, in-depth brochures and other documents, Communications and Marketing will assist with getting materials professionally written as appropriate.
To ensure quality standards are upheld, photos used in print publications should be of the highest quality (size, color, and clarity of photo), highest resolution (300 dpi or higher if possible) and with minimal defects. These guidelines also apply to all ECSU logos.
Types of Publications
- Departmental brochures and folders
- Academic Catalogs: Graduate, Undergraduate, Summer School
- Program Booklets, Brochures, Flyers or Posters
- Official University events and other annual events that will include the ECSU logos and name. Examples: Commencements, Freshman Convocation, Honors Program, Homecoming, Viking Fest, Down East Viking Football Classic, New Student Orientation, Career Fair, Founders Day, ECSU Sports Hall of Fame, Open House, Alumni Awards Banquet, etc.
- Manuals and Newsletters
- Display Boards
- Athletic flyers, programs, schedules, etc.
- Presentation materials for conferences or seminars (hosted by ECSU)
- University, Department, and Program Logos
- Newspaper Ads
- Letterhead/Envelopes/Business Cards
- Custom-screened T-shirts
- ECSU work-related clothing
- Promotional/specialty items
- Signage for buildings and vehicles (in coordination with Design and Construction and Auxiliary Services)
- Publications posted to the ECSU Website
- Publications that include the university’s name and/or approved logos