Welcome to Internship!
At the Department of Business and Economics the Internship course is required for graduation. Internship is a great way for students to get relevant job experience while gaining college credit. The internship process is unique at the Department of Business and Economics because there is a designated staff member to help you. Caitlin Davis is a former Elizabeth City State University student and got her first job through the internship program. She will work with you to establish the type of job you may be interested in and will help you prepare your resume and cover letter to use at interviews. She will also help you to explore other areas that you may have not thought about by looking at past experience and learning about your course interests. Internships are offered in a 3 credit hour, which is 150 hours of work or a 6 credit hour, which is 300 hours of work. The internship will help you to connect your previous skills and educational background to a business work experience. The internship and your coursework will go hand in hand and will allow you to experience what working in your potential field will look like. Internships are chosen for each student individually and all start with an email to set up an appointment with our Internship Coordinator, Caitlin Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Send an email today to start your process of becoming the business professional you have always dreamt of being!
Samples of internship host types are as follows:
- Event Planning: Venues, Wedding Planners
- Marketing: Camps, City Organizations, Small Businesses, Corporations
- Management: Churches, Car Dealerships, Small Businesses, Corporations, Venues, City Organizations
- Accounting: Car Dealerships, Churches, CPA Firms, Banks
- Finance: Car Dealerships, Investment Firms, Banks
- Entrepreneurship: Various Small Businesses, City Organizations
- Management Information Systems: Corporations, Small Businesses