Criminal Justice at Elizabeth City State University
Academic advising is an important aspect of student success. Advisors assist with academic planning and help students with professional development. Students may see an advisor during the advisor's posted office hours or by appointment.
Preparing for Advisement:
- Understand the academic requirements in your ECSU Catalog.
- Call or e-mail your academic advisor to schedule an appointment for advising. A list of students and advisors can be found on the criminal justice bulletin board in front of Moore Hall 226.
- Schedule your appointment as soon as class schedules are available for the upcoming semester.
- Bring your transcript(s), GE checksheet, and draft list of selected courses to your advisement appointment. Make your own decisions when selecting classes; do no expect your advisor to select your classes.
- Don't overbook your schedule. Plan on 2 hours per week of study time for EACH credit hour.
- Register during the preregistration period.
- Keep records of your academic progress.
- Know the deadline for graduation applications. Check your university e-mail account daily.