The criminal justice program offers a variety of internships which allow students to obtain experience in an area of interest. A limited number of internships may be available for students with senior standing.
Internships are unpaid, are subject to additional restrictions, and are not guaranteed. Please consult with the criminal justice internship coordinator for an internship packet.
Below are Albemarle area agencies that may accept criminal justice majors as student interns. Internships must be prearranged with the agency and the university at least one semester before the start of the internship. Internships are available outside the Albemarle area with prior approval.
- Albemarle District Jail
- Division of Community Corrections, 1st Judicial District--Elizabeth City
- Pasquotank Correctional Institution
Courts and Judicial Services
- District Attorney's Office, 1st Judicial District - Elizabeth City
- N.C. Office of Indigent Defense, 1st Judicial District - Elizabeth City
- District Court, Pasquotank County
- United States District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- Teague & Glover, P.A.
- Hornthal, Riley, Ellis & Maland, L.L.P.
- Camden County Sheriff's Office
- Chowan County Sheriff's Office
- Currituck County Sheriff's Office
- Edenton Police Department
- Elizabeth City Police Department
- Elizabeth City State University Campus Police
- Gates County Sheriff's Office
- N.C. Highway Patrol
- Perquimans County Sheriff's Office
- Pasquotank County Sheriff's Office
- State Bureau of Investigation (statewide internships)
- Juvenile Court Counselor Program, 1st Judicial District - Elizabeth City
- Multipurpose Juvenile Home Program
- Winton and Edenton
- Juvenile Crime Prevention Council Programs, Pasquotank County
- Youth Empowerment
- Teen Court
- Project Uplift
- Perquimans Juvenile Detention Center