take flight and become a part of something big
The aviation industry has high-level careers across the globe and is looking for qualified, diverse candidates. As the only four-year collegiate aviation education program in the State of North Carolina, ECSU offers a bachelor of science (B.S.) degree in Aviation Science.
ECSU aviation graduates are well positioned to meet industry needs. Start today to earn your degree in aviation in one of these areas of concentration:
- Aviation Avionics
- Aviation Management
- Flight Education
- Professional Aeronautics/Air Traffic Control
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems
FAA Approved PART 141 Flight Training
Rewarding in-demand careers
Our aviation graduates work for American Airlines, Southwest Airlines, regional airlines, aerospace/defense contractors, military, and state/federal agencies. They are pilots, navigators, ramp agents, airport managers, avionics technicians, flight instructors, and customer service representatives, to name a few.
- Tuition with NC Promise
- $500 in state tuition*
- $2,500 out-of-state tuition*
- *Campus-related fees for students and on-campus residency costs apply
- Low cost of living in a great location
- Minimal add-on costs for most degree programs
- Significantly lower than average cost for flight training
Earn your degree in a supportive environment where you are not just a number. Build connections and expand your career choices with a strong aviation network.
- 65.5 million jobs are supported worldwide in aviation (Air Transport Action Group (ATAG) 2018)
- Median annual wages range from $54,000 to $83,000 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Experience flight training in diverse conditions
- Easy local airport access
- Industry partnerships bring job/internship opportunities
- State and federal partnerships award scholarships and fellowships
- CFI Placement Program
- Seamless transfer from community colleges
Points of Interest
- The only four-year collegiate aviation education program in the State of North Carolina, ECSU offers a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Aviation Science.
- ECSU’s Aviation Science program is among few aviation education programs offered at HBCUs across the nation.
- Certified by the FAA as a Part 141 Flight Training Program.
- Easy local airport access. (1.5 miles from main campus)
- State, Federal and Industry partnerships bring job/internship scholarships and fellowship.
- US Coast Guard College Student Pre-Commissioning Initiative (CSPI) gives eligible students an opportunity to join the Coast Guard as juniors and receive two years of tuition, fees, and books as well as a salary and insurance.
- CFI Placement Program for students. (Earn as you learn)
U.S. Coast Guard CSPI Scholarship
The College Student Pre-Commissioning Initiative (CSPI) gives eligible students an opportunity to join the Coast Guard as juniors and receive two years of tuition, fees, and books as well as a salary and insurance.
Not sure which program is right for you?
It’s easy to switch between programs.
If you live outside North Carolina and are considering enrolling in an online or a face-to-face program that leads to a professional licensure or certification, we highly recommended that you contact the appropriate state licensing agency in your state or the state where you intend to work to seek the most up-to-date information about state licensure requirements before beginning the program. Elizabeth City State University makes every effort to ensure information about educational requirements for licensure is current; however, licensure regulations are frequently revised. Separate from educational requirements, state licensure boards may require applicants to complete professional examinations, background checks, years of professional experience, jurisprudence exams, etc.
Have questions about professional licensure requirements? Submit questions here.
For more information, contact:
Assistant Professor, Aviation
219 STEM Complex
Campus Box 823
Phone: Fax: email@example.com