Recruitment and Scholarships
The Elizabeth City State University Choir is the premiere vocal performance ensemble and goodwill ambassador at ECSU. We seek to recruit students whose intellect, musicianship, and character are of the highest caliber.
The University Choir Scholarship Program is designed to attract vocal and keyboard (acoustic piano/organ) musicians. Scholarship awards will range $500 to $5000.
Applicants must meet the following requirements
- Earn a high school GPA of 2.50 and a SAT score (or ACT equivalent) of 900 or above.
- Show evidence of participation in an organized choral music program.
- Secure a recommendation from high school music teacher and/or high school administration.
- Meet ECSU admission requirements.
- Successfully pass a voice audition.
- Sing two (2) selections from memory (a foreign language is recommended but not required).
- Sing a series of vocal exercises.
- Be able to sing back passages played during the audition.
- Sight-sing a small excerpt.
Note: Scholarship recipients MUST apply for federal financial assistance through ECSU financial aid office. Awards may include Pell Grants funds, N.C. Incentive Grant funds, or ECSU Incentive Scholarship funds for which the students qualifies.
To apply, please download the University Choir Scholarship Application.