Physical Education and Health
In Physical Education and Health, The School of Education and Psychology awards undergraduate degrees in three areas: Instructional Physical Education, Aquatics and Fitness, and the Pre-Graduate Option designed for graduate level entry into Physical and Occupational Therapy and Chiropractic. Coursework, lab work, personal interaction with faculty, and internships prepare graduates for physical activity, exercise science, and sport.
Programs offered are:
- Teacher Education in Physical Education
- Aquatics and Fitness
- Pre-Graduate Option Preparatory Curriculum in Health Related Areas
- Coaching Sports
Another objective of the department is to provide a comprehensive service program for students through the School of Education and Psychology. Through the wide variety of games and sports provided, it is expected that students will develop sufficient skill levels that will enable them to choose leisure pursuits that will be suitable to future individual needs, capabilities and interests.
To pursue an undergraduate degree at Elizabeth City State University, file an application form in the admissions office. General admission requirements include:
- High school diploma from an accredited institution.
- An overall grade point average of at least a 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- A letter of recommendation from a principal or counselor.
- Satisfactory scores in all tests required by college policy.
- Exercise Physiology Lab
- Athletic Training Center
- Football Field with 400 Meter Track
- Tennis Courts
- Gymnasium with Six Teaching Stations, An Electronic Classroom, and a 1500 Square Feet Wellness Center
Angelia Nelson, Chair
Department of Health and Physical Education
119 Vaughan Center
Campus Box 772
Elizabeth City, NC 27909