Advisors for current students are assigned through the department or area in which the student is enrolled. The Director of Admissions notifies each student of his/her advisor in the initial admissions letter.
Each student must complete a program of study during the first semester. The program of study is planned by the student in consultation with the department or area advisor. It is the student's responsibility to follow the program of study.
Students enrolled for nine (9) or more credit hours during a regular semester and six (6) or more credit hours during each of the two summer sessions are classified as full-time students.
In order to be awarded a master's degree, each student must:
- Complete the minimum semester hours of graduate credit applicable to the program.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Successfully complete a minimum of 30 semester hours of credit in residence on the campus of Elizabeth City State University
- Meet all other requirements for a master's degree in the major department and the Office of Graduate Education.
- Complete a Graduate Application for Graduation
- Complete an exit interview with the major department graduate program coordinator to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the master's program
- Register with Alumni Affairs
- Submit required Thesis/Product of Learning to major department and Office of Graduate Education
- Complete required Financial Aid exit counseling, if applicable.