Welcome to Interdisciplinary Studies, ECSU's first online degree program!
Interdisciplinary Studies (INDS) is a flexible, cutting-edge program designed with twenty-first century learners in mind. It is ECSU's first fully online program and allows students who cannot enroll in an on-campus program to benefit from the world-class education that ECSU offers. Interdisciplinary Studies encourages students to think "outside the box" of a more traditional degree, to transcend the traditional disciplinary boundaries of academic disciplines. Using the methods, theories, and content knowledge of multiple disciplines, students develop the in-demand skills: nimble and flexible problem-solving, effective communication, as well as critical information gathering and analysis.
The program provides an excellent opportunity for students who have completed credits at ECSU or another institution and did not complete a degree to translate those credits into a Bachelor's degree.
SOCIAL AND BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES
CHILDREN AND COMMUNITY SERVICES
Birth to Kindergarten Education
POLITICS AND GOVERNMENT
Students interested in the Interdisciplinary Studies program should contact:
Dr. Charles V. Reed, Program Coordinator
333 Gilchrist Complex
1704 Weeksville Road
HOW TO APPLY AND ENROLL
- Submit unofficial transcripts to the Interdisciplinary Studies program to Charles Reed: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply to ECSU and submit your official transcripts for review : https://vikingadmissions.ecsu.edu/Default.asp.
- If you were previously a student at ECSU and need assistance in the process, contact the Office of Retention email@example.com, (252) 335-3527.
- If you wish to be considered for financial aid, complete a FAFSA with ECSU’s school code 002926. More information is available at the ECSU Office of Financial Aid website: http://www.ecsu.edu/administration/chancellor/enrollment-management-retention/financial-aid/how-to-apply.html).
- With your INDS advisor, develop a plan of study and register for classes.
- Pay your bill or setup a payment plan: https://tuitionpay.higherone.com/TuitionPay/Welcome.aspx).
- Arrange book rental through the ECSU bookstore: http://www.bkstr.com/elizabethcitystateuniversitystore/home/en).
- Setup and login to your Banner, email, and Blackboard accounts.
- Start your degree program in Interdisciplinary Studies!
- Students will become conversant in the intellectual foundations and theories of multiple program disciplines.
- Students will develop interdisciplinary thinking and research skills that will allow them to engage with content knowledge and theoretical underpinnings across traditional disciplinary boundaries.
- Students will develop global awareness through reflective exercises, research, writing,
and other applications of content knowledge.