Program Learning Outcomes
Elizabeth City State University offers a diverse academic portfolio and quality education in a stimulating, engaging and learning - centered campus environment.
As a student - centered learning institution, we strive for our students to excel in their professional field by providing students with the core knowledge specific to their discipline. Each academic program has a set of learning outcomes which outlines the knowledge, skills and abilities students will acquire upon completion of their program. Program learning outcomes serve as a guide for students and faculty to ensure that our students are knowledgeable and competitive in their future professions.
Here at ECSU program learning outcomes are assessed by faculty on an annual basis. Students' performance is captured through third party examinations, performance assessments, signature assignments, portfolios, project and other course embedded assessments. Students' performance on these assessment measures are analyzed by faculty to determine if students are successfully mastering their program learning outcomes.
To ensure that our student learning outcomes are current and field specific faculty aligns their program learning outcomes to standards set by the state and/or their national accrediting body.
To review learning outcomes for any program, please click below on the degree and it will take you to their page on the ECSU Website.
Department of Visual and Performing Arts
Department of Language, Literature and Communication
Department of Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
- Bachelor of Arts in History
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
Department of Business and Economics
Department of Education, Psychology & Health
- Bachelor of Science in Birth through Kindergarten
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Science in Middle Grades
- Bachelor of Science in Special Education (K-12)
- Bachelor of Science of Psychology
- Master of Education in Elementary Education
- Master of School Administration
- Bachelor of Science Health & Physical Education
- Bachelor of Science Sport Management
Department of Natural Sciences, Pharmacy & Health Professions
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Environmental Sciences
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Geology
- Bachelor of Science in Physics
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences
Department of Mathematics & Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
- Master of Science in Mathematics