Financial Aid Records
This Schedule applies to records in all media, unless otherwise specified.
- Items - a sample listing of items found within a series. Other related records not listed may also be part of a series.
- Disposition - all dispositions are minimum requirements and include, where applicable, transfer to the custody of the University Archives for appraisal and final disposition.
- Destruction - takes place in the office. Any record with confidential or sensitive information shall be properly destroyed by shredding or by means to ensure that the records cannot be physically recreated.
- Original and Reference Copy -original copy (also known as a record copy) is the official authorized copy kept by the office charged with creating or maintaining the record copy. Reference copies (also known as convenience copies) are preserved for the convenience of reference or ease of access.
No destruction of records may take place if litigation or audits are pending or reasonably anticipated or foreseeable.
Refer to prefatory material for additional instructions or contact your university's records officer for clarification.
- GU270 Financial Aid Administrative
- GU271 Financial Aid Fiscal
- GU272 Financial Aid Recipients
- GU273 Financial Aid Reports
- GU274 Loan Administration
- GU275 Scholarship Administration
- GU276 Scholarship Applications (Awarded)
- GU277 Scholarship Applications (Awarded, Not Accepted or Rejected)
- GU278 Scholarship / Loan Reference
- GU279 Veterans' Benefits