Welcome to BEST, a post-secondary educational initiative established to increase the number of collegiate students participating in research to better prepare them for graduate education and success. Browse the website to gain a more in-depth analysis of the program. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Dr. Margaret Young (principal investigator).
Fig. 1. Biolistic transformation of tobacco leaves.
- A student using the gene gun
- GUS-positive spots (blue spots) on leaf explant of tobacco.
Fig. 2. Agroinoculation of fast plants.
- Germinated seedlings on selection media;
- Students taking notes on fast plants;
- Putatively transgenic fast plants producing flowers and seed pods