The Night Sky
As the main attraction, ECSU Planetarium's live Night Sky demonstrations offer visitors of all ages the opportunity to experience in a controlled environment from the relative comfort of their chairs, the beauty of the heavens. Each live show is tailored to meet the age, grade and/or comprehension levels of the participants.
- The standard content of the night sky demonstration includes:
- Definition, identification and location of planets visible from earth with the naked eye;
- Identification and location of the North Star
- The importance of the North Star in navigation.
- Introduction and identification of seasonal constellations.