This site contains information to help you use Blackboard (Bb) and be successful in your online teaching experience. View the material to the left for assistance with Bb or distance education resources.
What is Blackboard?
Blackboard is Elizabeth City State University's campus web-based Learning Management System that faculty can use to supplement regular classroom instruction or teach online courses. It offers a user-friendly online environment where students can:
- Read announcements posted by the instructor
- Access course materials such as syllabi, handouts, websites, and multimedia
- Email the instructor
- Submit assignments online
- Participate in online discussions
- Work on group projects without meeting in person
- Take quizzes online and more.
How do I obtain a Blackboard account?
All accounts for faculty are created automatically once they are assigned to a course in Banner. Faculty can obtain access when they login to the ECSU Blackboard website at http://ecsu.blackboard.com and follow the login instructions.
How do I obtain a Blackboard course?
You do not have to request a Blackboard course. Blackboard courses for all classes are created automatically in the Blackboard Learning system. If you have concerns, check with your department chair to confirm that the department has entered you in Banner as the instructor of record for the course.
How to I access my courses in Blackboard?
- Log in to ECSU's Bb page at http://ecsu.blackboard.com
- Follow the login instructions on the screen.
- Look for the My Courses box on the right side of the screen.
- Click the link for the course you want to access.