This site contains information to help you use Blackboard (Bb) and be successful in your online learning experience.
What is Blackboard?
Blackboard is Elizabeth City State University's learning management system that allows students and faculty members to access course materials, conduct course activities, communicate, and collaborate online. Students in courses that use Blackboard can access those courses anywhere and anytime they can access the World-Wide Web.
When will I use Blackboard?
All online courses use Blackboard for course delivery. You will need to access Blackboard to obtain your course syllabus and assignments. If you are taking campus classes, your instructor will let you know whether or not he is using Blackboard for your course.
What will I do on Blackboard?
Each instructor can tailor how they use Blackboard to make course materials available
or conduct course activities online. Some things you may be able to do on Blackboard
- Download course documents and presentations
- Access web sites related to your course
- Submit assignments to your instructor online
- Take quizzes or exams online
- Check your grades and progress in the course
- Participate in online discussions for your course.
How to access my courses in Blackboard?
- Log in to ECSU's Bb page at http://ecsu.blackboard.com.
- Follow the login instructions on the screen.
- Look for the My Courses box on the right side of the screen.
- Click the link for the course you want to access.