Distance Education Courses
Distance Education courses are listed by semester in Banner Self Service and have section numbers that appear in the key below. To locate Distance Education courses, make the following selections on the "Class Schedule Search" page:
Online Course Offerings
- Summer 2018- coming soon
- Fall 2018- coming soon
How to Search for Online Courses:
- Go to the Class Schedule via Self Service Banner
- Search by Term: Select your desired term, click Submit.
- Subject: Select a subject
- Course Number: Enter course number, if known.
- Campus: Select "Distance Learning Campus"
- Course Level: Select "Undergraduate" or "Graduate"
- Click Class Search.
Distance Education Section Key:
|D1||First section of an online course|
|D2||Second section of online course|
|DA1||First section of online course (accelerated 8 week)|
|DA2||Second section of online course (accelerated 8 week)|
|DD||Online course for Dare County students only|
|DC||Off campus course for Dare County students only|
|DH||Online course for Halifax County students only|
|HC||Off campus course for Halifax County students only|
Apply to ECSU
Apply Online for Admission - For assistance call 252-335-3305 or 1-800-347-3278.
- Students seeking readmission that graduated or attended ECSU less than two years ago should contact the Admissions Office to complete a re-admit form.
- Student seeking readmission that graduated or attended ECSU more than two years ago should submit a new application for admissions.
- Students choosing to take online courses at other UNC institutions and transfer the
course back into their degree program at another UNC institution should use the Inter-institutional
process through the UNC Online Academic Services to register for courses. This process does not require students to complete an admissions
packet or send transcripts to ECSU. Check with your Office of Registrar for approval
of course transfer.
- Click on the Login link in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select the appropriate school in the left menu.
- Login using your campus credentials. ECSU students will use their ECSU email username and password.
- Click on the Online Courses tab and use the tools provided to search for online courses.
Register for Courses
- Obtain your Banner ID number from your Department Chairperson/Advisor or the Registrar's Office. Your Banner ID is a 9 digit number.
- Register for course(s). Go to Self Service Banner and click on Enter Secure Area.
Pay your Tuition and Fees
- Review the schedule for Tuition and Fees and contact Student Accounts if you have questions about your bill.
- Tuition and Fee payments may be made online, by mail, or by telephone. More information about payment options is available on the Student Accounts website on the Pay Your Tuition and Fees page.
Purchase your Books
To purchase books from ECSU's Bookstore contact the Bookstore Manager.
Student Blackboard and Email accounts will be generated once you are officially registered for courses in Self Service Banner.
Log into Blackboard:
- Go to http://ecsu.blackboard.com and follow the login instructions on the screen.
- You will only have access to Blackboard once you are officially registered for courses in Banner.
- If you are registered for courses in Banner, however, unsuccessful logging into Blackboard, go to the Self Service Password Reset Portal to reset your password.
- Call the 24/7 Blackboard Online Support Center or call 1-866-321-7157 if you experience technical difficulty with your Blackboard course. Course content questions should be directed to your instructor.
Courses not Showing in Blackboard:
- If you login successfully, however do not see your courses listed, follow the steps
below. Courses are typically made available on the first day of the semester.
- Contact your instructor to verify the course has been made available in Blackboard.
- Log into Self Service Banner to verify you are registered for a course(s). Banner and Blackboard are integrated; therefore the course(s) you are registered for in Banner will be available to you in Blackboard.
- Contact Student Accounts to verify your account has been cleared. (Students may be dropped from courses by the Registrar's Office if tuition and fees have not been paid).
- Contact Registrar's office to verify course registration (252-335-3300). Students may be dropped from courses by the Registrar's Office if you do not attend or participate in your course during the first 2 weeks of the semester.
Accessing your Online Courses:
- Once you log into Blackboard, look on the right hand side of the screen for My Courses - Courses Where You Are: Student. Under this heading you should see links for each online course for which you are registered. You may also see links for courses that you are taking on campus if your instructor is using Blackboard as an enhancement to their face-to-face course.
Complete the ECSU Student Online Orientation:
- For new online students or students needing assistance with Blackboard, go to the ECSU homepage, click on Blackboard, follow the login instructions, once logged in you should see the Orientation to Online Learning Course.
Self Service Banner Help:
- Contact the Registrar's Office (Marion D. Thorpe Administration Building (1st floor) or 252-335-3300).
Log into ECSU Email:
- All ECSU students receive an ECSU Email account. You will need to access your ECSU email account frequently to communicate with your instructors when taking online courses. If you have any questions/problems regarding your account, submit a ticket to Helpdesk at https://helpdesk.ecsu.edu or call (252) 335-3532.