Is Online Learning for me?
Are you prepared to learn online? Before searching for a program or course, review the qualities for a successful online learner and test your knowledge and skills for learning online.
Do you have the following qualities?
- Computer Literacy: Students must possess basic computer skills. Students should be comfortable using a computer to word process documents, surf the internet via a web browser, enter URL's into a web browser, locate and open files on a computer, send and receive e-mail, and send and receive attachments.
- Self-Motivation: Students should be goal-oriented and self-disciplined enough to work efficiently on their own.
- Written Communication: Students should be comfortable following written instructions. Students should have the ability to clearly communicate in written form to the instructor and classmates.
- Managing the Course Work: Students must be able to set aside time in their schedule to complete coursework. Online courses require students to devote as much time to completing work as they would if taking traditional classes on campus.
- Interaction: Online learning does not offer the traditional face-to-face interaction of an on campus course. Students should consider their need for face-to-face interaction.