MODEL Scholars Program
(Motivation, Opportunities, Determination, Excellence, and Leadership)
MODEL Scholars is a summer bridge program that includes courses in English and Mathematics, comprehensive support activities, and programs that promote personal development. The Program is open to 70 incoming freshmen to the University.
Participation in the MODEL Scholars Program is limited to residents of North Carolina who are incoming freshmen admitted to Elizabeth City State University. Participants must be either First generation and/or low income college students who meet criteria established by University of North Carolina General Administration. Students must meet the minimum admissions requirements for the University, and complete an ECSU application along with an application for the MODEL Scholars Program.
On the campus of Elizabeth City State University in Elizabeth City, North Carolina
June 20 - July 25, 2015
There are many good reasons to accept ECSU's invitation to participate in the MODEL Scholars Program:
- Receive a summer scholarship that will pay for your summer 2015 tuition, room, meals, book rental, and all other fees.
- Get a head start on your college experience at ECSU by earning (7) seven academic credits.
- Meet other students and learn about college life.
- Participate in enrichment activities to enhance your summer experience.
- Receive additional academic support throughout the year and be eligible to participate in other MODEL Scholars events and activities.
All applicants for the MODEL Scholars Program must complete an application for admissions to Elizabeth City State University along with an application for the MODEL Scholars Program. There is no application fee for the Program; however the University requires a $50 fee with the admissions application.
MODEL Scholars Applications are due April 30 (EXTENDED).
To secure your space in the MODEL Scholars Program, please contact: