Office of Sponsored Programs
The Department of Navy (DoN) visits ECSU’s Aviation Lab.
The Office of Sponsored Programs, Contracts and Grants supports Elizabeth City State University's (ECSU) research mission by assisting faculty and staff in the procurement of grants, contracts and cooperative agreements from external sponsors; promoting faculty involvement in domestic and international collaborations and research partnerships; administering the university's Title III/SAFRA Programs to strengthen its infrastructure; and ensuring that its privilege of receiving external support is protected. Sponsored Programs oversees pre-award and post-award non-financial administration, Title III/SAFRA program administration, and research compliance.
Sponsored Programs has continued to build upon the university's solid foundation of teaching, research, and community outreach. The university has made great strides in its pursuit and acquisition of grants and sub-awards. Over the past 5 years (2013-2018), faculty and staff have generated 272 proposal submissions, totaling $133,632,520, and have received 155 awards totaling $38,059,278.
In accordance with ECSU’s strategic plan, we continue to promote a comprehensive and aggressive approach to helping administrators, faculty and staff achieve their research and sponsored program goals. We provide assistance through various means including external support via UNC-GA liaisons and grant competitions, sponsor webinars, workshops, one-on-one guidance with investigators, as well as cradle to grave support in proposal development and submission, grants management, and project closeout.
In accomplishing its mission, Sponsored Programs provides the following services:
- Delivers a comprehensive training program to faculty and staff on research development and administration topics via sponsor webinars, workshops, and professional development activities;
- Identifies pertinent and timely funding opportunities/collaborations for investigators;
- Assists with preparing all sections of application packages to federal, state, and private sponsors, including budget development, certification & representation forms, agency forms, etc.;
- Ensures application submissions are fully prepared in accordance with sponsor requirements;
- Interfaces with agency grant officials and program officers on behalf of investigators;
- Negotiates terms and conditions of externally funded projects, including subawards;
- Works closely with the Office of Contracts & Grants to ensure that all post-award grant requirements are met;
- Provides non-financial administration of grants and contracts on all funded projects through to project closeout.
- Serves as the institution’s official signatory for proposal submissions and awards.
We invite you to visit us in McLendon Hall, enjoy our website, and, most of all, let us know how we may best support you in your scholarly endeavors!
For Additional Information, You May Contact:
Annemarie Delgado, MPA, MA, CRA
Director of Sponsored Programs, Contracts, and Grants
Elizabeth City State University
1704 Weeksville Road | Campus Box 864
107 McLendon Hall | Elizabeth City, NC 27909
Phone: (252) 335-3222 | Fax: (252) 335-3106
Email: email@example.com | www.ecsu.edu