E-Mentee Student Information
ECSU E-Mentoring and Internship Program
The Mission of Elizabeth City State University's E-Mentoring Program is to provide, with the assistance of Alumni, Friends of the University and Corporate Partners and Volunteers, a platform for Mentoring and Student Engagement that will enhance student learning and prepare students for Internships while attending ECSU and Career Opportunities after graduation.
Student Related Goals
- To help students make the difficult transition from high school to college;
- To provide a safe, secure, environment that will allow student nurturing and engagement;
- To development of new student leaders;
- To aid students in persistence and graduation;
- To assist students in assessing their career interest;
- To provide internship experiences and career opportunities;
- To instill “Viking Pride” within our new students.
E-Mentees Responsibilities - E-Mentees Pledge to:
- Commit to communicating with the mentor at least twice a month;
- Develop a professional development plan;
- Develop a communications plan;
- Adhere to all e-mentoring policies and procedures;
- Complete periodic surveys;
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA to be competitive for internship opportunities;
- Be willing to serve as a Mentoring Program Ambassador for new students after Freshman Year.
Termination of E-Mentoring Relationship
An E-Mentee’s participation in the program may be terminated for any of the following reasons:
- Violation of the e-mentoring communications policies and procedures;
- Suspension, expulsion or withdrawal from the institution;
- One or both parties do not want to continue the match;
- A conflict arises that prevents the e-mentee from fulfilling their commitment to the program.
In addition to having the chance to participate in special internship and career development opportunities and receiving guidance and assistance, E-Mentees may receive:
- Special Section of Freshman Seminar
- Priority Registration
- Reserved or Priority Housing (based on availability)
- Special Mentoring Events and Activities
- Priority Financial Aid Assistance and Guidance
- Priority Book Rental Pick-Up
How to Become a E-Mentee
- Be a new freshman enrolled at Elizabeth City State University;
- Complete E-Mentoring and Internship Program Application (Students under 18 will need parent's signature);
- Agree to all e-mentoring policies and procedures;
- Enroll in Freshman Seminar for E-Mentoring;
- Complete E-Mentoring and Internship Program Training.