The Honors Program is designed to challenge students with high academic potential at an accelerated rate and to provide them with exposure to a wide variety of in-depth academic, social, cultural and international experiences. The Honors Program is committed to fostering achievement at superior levels so that by graduation students will:
- Display exceptional proficiency in the command of both oral and written communication skills;
- Acquire a broad knowledge base by exploring diverse and tangential domains;
- Develop self-discipline and self-restraint both in character and in academic endeavors to the extent that counterproductive distractions will not be allowed to impede progress;
- Demonstrate motivation which is intrinsically induced to the extent that the student is stimulated to investigate, pursue, and continue to unravel various bodies of knowledge beyond average expectations;
- Obtain a psychological disposition that displays an independent and personal approach to the search for exceptional scholarship as opposed to a dependence on established patterns; and
- Develop high levels of research, creative writing, technical writing, computational, and non-verbal skills so that a substantial level of proficiency will have been achieved by graduation.