QEP Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate their knowledge of the rhetorical skills required in academic, professional, and civic life.
- Students will demonstrate their ability to comprehend material - print and electronic - and to think critically and analytically about relevant sources.
- Students will demonstrate mastery of the writing process as recursive: drafting, writing, revising and editing.
- Students will demonstrate mastery of disciplinary writing conventions: organization, persuasion and mechanics.
QEP Dedicated Faculty currently use two rubrics to assess student writing. There is a unique rubric for the GE 102 (Composition & Grammar I) and GE 103 (Composition & Vocabulary II).
GE 102 and GE 103 students also complete a Grammar Pre-test and Post-test. This data is used to determine students' mastery of basic grammatical skills that are taught in this course.
- QEP Dedicated Faculty serve as raters of essays gathered through Blackboard Outcomes.
- GE 102 and GE 103 students also submit their essays to Safe Assignment to check for plagiarism.