Welcome to Residence Life!
Here are some ways to help make your dorm or living space healthier while lessening your carbon footprint!
Green Your Move
- Instead of boxes, pack clothes and items in reusable storage bins
- Check with roommates before bringing excess dishes, supplies, etc...
- Take unwanted clothes and shoes to the campus recycle bin
Green Your Clean
- Use a lemon sliced in half to clean bathrooms and kitchen fixtures
- Sprinkle baking soda and spray white vinegar to clean and disinfect bathrooms and kitchens
- Mix vinegar and water, and use old newspaper, to clean mirrors and windows
Green Your Dorm
- Open your blinds for light and heat to conserve energy
- Unplug electric devices when not in use
- Do not use space heaters
- Activate "energy efficiency" settings on laptops
- Take 7 minute showers
- Do not use plug-in air fresheners
- Reuse grocery bags and trash bags.
- Take reusable bags with you to go shopping - many retailers will offer discounts for bring your own bag!