Paying Your Tuition and Fees
It is the responsibility of the student to ensure payment arrangements to satisfy balances in full have been made on their account in order to attend for the semester. Students who do not make payment in full or arrangements on their outstanding balances are subject to class cancellations. All payments must be made in US Dollars. ECSU does not accept payment in foreign currency. We offer the following payment options for students:
- Credit card payments (Online) - Pay online by logging on to Self Service Banner (SSB) with your Banner ID and Pin. The online system accepts payment using one of the four major credit cards, VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. The online payment system is a real-time payment system and payments will appear on the student's account immediately. Students may also set up authorized users to make payments to their accounts.
- Electronic check payments (Online) - Pay via the online payment system using a checking or savings account by entering pertinent banking information. Students may also set up authorized users to make payments to their accounts. Any online payments not honored by the financial institution will result in a returned check penalty and the student's classes are subject to cancellation.
- Check or Money Order - Mail your check or money order along with an electronic bill to the ECSU Cashier's Office, 1704 Weeksville Road, CB 950, Elizabeth City, NC 27909. Please make the check or money order payable to Elizabeth City State University and ensure that the student's name and ID number are included in the memo line. Payments that do not include the student's identifying information will be returned to sender. Checks must be drawn on US banks; checks drawn on foreign banks will not be processed. Do not send cash through the mail.
Please note: In the event that your check or electronic check payment is returned by your bank for any reason a $25.00 return fee will be charged to your student account per incident. After the first return, check writing privileges are suspended until the return is paid. After two returned checks, checks will not be accepted for payment toward a student's account regardless of the maker of the check. Students with two returned checks will not be allowed to process electronic checks. Payment on returns must be made in the form of cash, credit card or guaranteed funds (cashier's check or money order).
- In-person - Pay in person at the Cashier window using cash, check (valid ID required), money order, and MasterCard or VISA credit cards (valid ID required). Payments will post immediately.
- Priority/Overnight Packages - Send all payments by priority or overnight services to the Elizabeth City State University, Attn: Cashier Office, Ste121 Marion D. Thorpe Administration Building, First Floor, 1704 Weeksville Road, Elizabeth City, NC 27909.
- Tuition payment plan - Sign up for a payment plan in order to pay tuition, fees, and room and board in installments.
Payment plans must be set up properly with the correct amount to ensure full payment of all semester charges by the end of a given semester. Since the tuition payment plan is not a loan, there are no interest or finance charges.
Payment plans can only be used for current semester charges. All prior balances must be paid in full before you can start class and cannot be included in your semester payment plan.
In order to determine the amount of your payment plan, you can use the student bill to determine the balance of your account after the accepted financial aid has been applied, if applicable. The balance remaining for the semester is the amount you should use for the payment plan.
The Tuition Payment Plan https://ecsu.afford.com/Home allows you to spread your education expenses over five, four or three smaller monthly installments, which are paid over the course of the semester. The enrollment fee is $45 per semester and is paid by the student to the third party provider.
Payment Plans Available:
Fall Semester Payment Plans:
Choose 5, 4 or 3 monthly payments - Due on the 1st of each month
|Monthly Payments||First Payment Due||Final Payment Due|
|5||July 1||Nov 1|
|4||Aug 1||Nov 1|
|3||Sept 1||Nov 1|
For quickest plan activation and additional information on all of our education payment services, simply click here. With your account you:
- Have 24/7 secure account access
- Can set up and modify payment plan budgets
- Can make online payments for your monthly payment plan
Elizabeth City State University offers this popular option in partnership with Tuition Management Systems and we are pleased to make this low-cost option available to you. Please contact TMS at 800-722-4867 with any questions or to receive no-cost affordability counseling.
Other Payment Options
|Waiver Submission Deadlines|
- Payroll Deduction - Faculty and Staff of Elizabeth City State University can elect to have the cost of tuition and fees deduction from their payroll in three equal installments. The payroll deduction agreement should be completed no later than registration day. Please contact Student Accounts for enrollment.
- Tuition Waivers - Full-time Faculty and Staff of Elizabeth City State University are entitled to tuition waiver benefits. If you are an employee please contact Human Resources for the appropriate waiver form. Submit the completed form to Student Accounts no later than registration day.
- Financial Aid Payments - Students who complete the FASFA and are awarded financial aid must accept the terms and conditions online and complete promissory notes for any loans in order for your financial aid to be recognized as payment toward your account. If you have not been awarded financial aid prior to the start of the semester, you must be prepared to set up a payment plan for the balance due on your account in order to clear financially for the semester.
- Third Party Contract Payments - If you are a student who will be receiving payment from an outside agency to cover the cost of tuition, fees, room or board, please print and provide a copy of the third party contract authorization form to the agency. The Student Accounts Office will bill the agency for the amount authorized and any remaining balance will be billed directly to you as the student. Outside agencies, must submit payment within thirty days of the payment due date. Any balances not received within sixty days become the responsibility of the student and holds will be placed on the student's account. We will only bill the agency for the amount as agreed per the authorization. If the agency does not complete the authorization timely, classes may be dropped for non-payment. If an authorization to pay a student's account is received from a third party that STIPULATES THAT IT IS A REIMBURSEMENT, which means that the third party will only pay if the student completes the semester or receives a specific grade in a class, we WILL NOT GIVE THE STUDENT CREDIT IN ADVANCE. The student will have to pay the account and be reimbursed by the third party. If the authorization states that the third party will pay the students account and there are NO STIPULATIONS, we will set up a contract account and link the student so he/she can receive credit for the amount the third party agency will cover. The third party will be billed later for the student charges. Please print a copy of the information for third party contracts under the forms and documents section.