Historically Underutilized Business (HUB)
Elizabeth City State University is committed to the development and utilization of HUB vendors. Our internal HUB participation goal is 20%, 10% above the North Carolina mandate.
A HUB is defined as a business operated by anyone who is African America, Hispanic, Asian, Native America, a woman of any race, or a person with a disability. Firms may be certified as a HUB Contractor if it meets the Minority Business criteria:
- In which at least fifty-one percent (51%) is owned by one or more minority persons, or in the case of a corporation, in which at least fifty-one percent (51%) of the stock is owned by one or more minority persons or socially and economically disadvantaged individuals; and
- Of which the management and daily business operations are controlled by one or more of the minority persons or socially and economically disadvantaged individuals who own it.
Contractors seeking to offer quality work and services in support of Elizabeth City State University's mission of education, research and healthcare should contact the HUB Officer, Charles Hall, at 252-335-3961 or via email at email@example.com.
- Additional information can be found at the North Carolina Department of Administration Office for Historically Underutilized Businesses
- Search for your HUB vendor status.
- Request HUB certification