To be eligible to receive financial aid assistance, the applicant must:
- Be admitted and currently enrolled at least half time as an ECSU undergraduate or graduate student.
- Be enrolled or accepted in an eligible degree seeking program at Elizabeth City State University.
- Be a US citizen, permanent resident or eligible non-citizen.
- Demonstrate financial need (for most programs).
- Be registered with Selective Service if you are a male (you must register between the ages of 18 and 25).
- Currently maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) toward the completion of his or her academic program.
- Not be in default on any prior student loans; do not owe a repayment on any Title IV financial aid.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The priority filing date is March 1st.
- Not have been convicted of possessing or selling of illegal drugs.
Additional information on eligibility can be found at: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/eligibility/basic-criteria.