FINANCIAL AID TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Statement of Education Purpose:
By accepting all or part of your financial aid award granted by Elizabeth City State University, you agree to use all federal, state and institutional aid received for your educational expenses.
Federal Eligibility Requirements:
- Must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- You must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- You must be classified as a degree-seeking student at Elizabeth City State University to be eligible for financial aid. Non-degree-seeking students are not eligible for financial
- You must not be in default on a federal loan or have an overpayment on a federal
- Generally, you cannot receive aid from two schools for the same term. If you are attending multiple schools, you must notify the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- You must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Read the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy at http://www.ecsu.edu/administration/chancellor/enrollment-management-retention/financial-aid/things-to-know/satisfactory-academic-progress.html
Financial Aid Awards Terms and Conditions accepted by students:
While at ECSU:
- I must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), which is complete 66% of the classes attempted for each semester, have the required semester GPA & complete my program of study within 150% of the hours needed to graduate (Please review the SAP policy).
- I may be awarded only up to my cost of attendance (COA). I am required to report any outside scholarships & loans that I receive & that they may reduce the amount of financial aid that I receive in order that my total award does not excess my COA. I will use all awarded funds only for expenses related to my study. I must return any funds received that I am not eligible for.
- If I decide to withdraw from ECSU before the 60% mark of the semester I will not be eligible to receive my full disbursement of federal aid that I was awarded.
- I cannot be enrolled in two or more post secondary schools at the same time. Funds are awarded based on financial need & credit hours. I am obligated to report any change in my circumstances.
- I do not owe a refund on any grant or loan, am not in default on any loan or have made satisfactory arrangements to repay any defaulted loan, & have not borrowed in excess of the loan limits under Title IV programs at any institution.
- I authorize ECSU to defer my tuition, fees, books, room & board charges to my federal, state & institutional aid. I understand that I may rescind this authorization at any time.
I authorize release & exchange of information between ECSU, educational institutions, & educational state agencies, & agree that such information exchanged may include financial, enrollment, academic status, identification, legal residency, & location information necessary to assure proper administration of federal, state & institutional financial aid programs. If I purposely give false or misleading information, I may be fined $20,000, sent to prison, or both.
Disbursements of financial aid
- You will receive financial aid in two payments (one half is disbursed during the fall semester and the second half during the spring semester), unless otherwise noted. Disbursements are made directly to your student account. Please note that if you attend the University for the Spring semester only, your funding is still required to be disbursed in two
- If you are a first time loan borrower, you must complete the entrance counseling session and you must also sign your Direct Loan Master Promissory Note. You may complete both at studentloans.gov.
- I understand this award is contingent upon the availability of federal, state and institutional funding for these program(s) and, in addition, the award amount(s) may be modified, changed, or canceled at any time without prior notification as regulations or funding for the student financial aid programs change or if my financial aid eligibility
- You are responsible for checking your University email and Self Service Banner regularly.
- University email and the Self Service Banner are the primary methods of communicating with