ECSU provides employee relations services that are designed to promote and facilitate equal employment opportunities, fairness and consistency in the treatment of employees, effective communications between management and employees, documentation of employment actions, record keeping as required by law and practice, complaint resolution processes, managerial and employee training, and "best employment practices." Employee Relations also encompasses ECSU's overall approach to maintaining a positive, productive and cohesive work environment within the university's business model and academic culture.
Employee Relations services include, but are not limited to:
- Providing counseling to employees and/or supervisors to resolve work-related problems that may relate to performance and/or disciplinary actions,
- Mediating disputes and advising all parties involved in matters relating to employee relations and human resources policies,
- Coordinating Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services,
- Administering grievance processes,
- Monitoring employee performance and competency assessments.
- Workplace Violence Policy (ECSU Policy 200.1.7)
- Career Banding Salary Administration Plan (ECSU Policy 200.1.8)
- Career Banding Dispute Resolution Form (ECSU Policy 200.1.8 [F])
- Employee Assistance Program Policy (ECSU Policy 200.1.18)
- Mediation and Grievance Policy for SPA Employees (ECSU Policy 200.2.1)
- Grievance Procedures for Employees Exempt From the State Personnel Act (EPA) (ECSU Policy 200.3.5)
- Faculty Grievance Procedure (ECSU Policy 300.2.7)
- Disciplinary Action Procedures for SPA Employees (ECSU Policy 200.2.3)
For a complete listing of policies, please refer to the ECSU Policy Manual.
Change in Submission of Leave Reports - It has become necessary to change the due dates of time sheets in order to continue our work in HR Banner Payroll; therefore, effective immediately, all time sheets and leave request forms are due in Human Resources by the end of the second business day beginning May 4. Other critical due dates are June 2, July 2, August 4, September 2, etc.
The Performance Cycle or evaluation period for EHRA Non-Teaching and SHRA employees is as follows:
Human Resources Specialist/ Banner Operations / Title IX Investigator / Employee Relations