Elizabeth City State University strives to actively recruit from a variety of sources to achieve a diverse and qualified workforce that successfully meets the needs and demands of the university.
Frequently, employment opportunities are available across campus to cover short-term university needs. Human Resources hires temporary employees to serve in this capacity. Interested parties should apply online by completing the official ECSU employment application.
Criminal Background Check
In order to provide a safe and secure environment for all employees, students and visitors, ECSU shall employ individuals who contribute to the safety and security of the campus workforce environment. Criminal background checks will aid in assisting the university in making sound employment decisions that meet this critical need.
Background Check: due upon notification
Human Resources would like to ensure your smooth transition among the ECSU community. Please submit forms as specified below.
- Form I-9: due on or before the first day of work
- NC4: due on first day of work
- W4: due on first day of work
- Direct Deposit Notification: due on the first day of work
- Direct Deposit Enrollment: due within 5 business days
All new hires must submit an I-9 Employment Eligibility form on or before the first day of work. Failure to comply may result in revocation of the employment offer; therefore, it is imperative that this document is submitted to Human Resources in a timely manner.
The Form I-9 requires the documents to be original and unexpired.
The employee may present either:
- Any one document from List A or
- Two documents, one from list B and one from List C (As a participant of E-Verify, ECSU may only accept a List B document with a photograph.)
Example of most commonly presented documentation from List A:
- US Passport or US Passport Card
Example of most commonly presented documentation from Lists B and C:
- State Driver's License, State ID, or Student ID in combination with
- Social Security Card or Birth Certificate
Please note: It is the employee's choice as to which documentation is presented. The above examples are for clarification purposes only.
For additional assistance, please contact:
Nancy J. McPherson
Human Resources Specialist/ Administrator of Temporary Employment