ECSU Email/Domain Account
ECSU students and employees are given a school email account. Your email can be accessed through a web browser by following one of the links above, or by logging into the Microsoft Outlook app on your mobile device or computer.
The domain user account allows access to university resources such as lab computers and the electronic library databases.
Student email and domain accounts are created for incoming students by IT Client Services, either for new student orientation or within the first week of school (there are a few exceptions).
Email and Domain User Account Information
- User Name:
- Faculty/Staff: first initial, middle initial, last name | Example: jtsmith
- Students: first initial, middle initial, last name, 3-digit number | Example: jtsmith123
- The 3-digit number is either randomly assigned, or, for 2016 and later students, faculty & staff, the last 3 digits of your Banner ID.
- Email Address:
- Default Password: Viking$####
- The #### represent the last 4 of your SSN -OR- the current year.
- You will be prompted to change your email password upon first login.
- Passwords are recommended to be changed at regular intervals to keep the account secure.
Requirements: at least 8 characters, contain letters, numbers, and symbols from at
least 3 of the 4 categories (uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and special
character...i.e. ! @ # * ?).
ECSU's Email Retention and Computer Use Policy
The Email Retention and Computer Use Policy governs your use of the University's Email resources. By accepting and using your email account, you agree to adhere to this policy. This policy is posted on the web here.
If you have any questions/problems regarding your account, submit an IT Ticket at http://ithelpdesk/ or contact IT Client Services at (252) 335-3532.