Division of Information Technology
New Process for IT Support / Help Desk Requests
"No ticket, No work done"
As one of our steps to improve customer service, ITS has been working hard over the last few months setting up our new ticketing system Kace Service Desk to process your requests for IT assistance. Service Desk will improve the efficiency of communication with each of you as well as providing you an easier way to view help documentation as well as check the status of your current or previous work tickets placed with the ITS Helpdesk online.
Simply go to: http://helpdesk.ecsu.edu/ or from our navigation bar on the left click on the Submit IT Helpdesk Ticket link. You can also find this link from the home page under Inside ECSU.
1. Enter your domain name and password.
2. Select ECSU for the organization.
3. Click login
4. Click IT Service Desk
5. Click New
6. Complete the request
7. Click Save
Once you submit your ticket, you’ll receive an email that confirms we’ve received your message. Once logged in, you can open and update tickets, as well as browse through a database of solutions for common problems.Tickets that are currently open in our footprints system will be resolved in that system and will not move to the new system.
This new process is a university wide best practice and it’s the only way to guarantee prompt service. If you don’t submit a ticket, you will not be able to get work done on your requests.
Some of the new features that will allow faster response time on tickets are:
- Integrated communication with a customer through built-in email, so all questions or requests are easily captured in the ticket.
- Automated ticket creation using our IT web forms, such as new INB access request or new computer requests.
- Full integration with other departments that support our email and networking systems allowing quicker turn-around time for those related service requests.
- On the customer side, the major change you will see are the emails you receive when a ticket is opened or resolved will have a different look than the current emails from the footprints system.
Please contact IT Client Services at 252-335-3532 if you have any questions on this new ticketing system.
“No ticket, No work done”