Banner is an administrative software application developed specifically for higher education institutions. The Banner system is highly integrated because they share a common database. This common database is shared by both employees and students who use Banner via SSB and/or INB.
|Banner Accounts||Username||Role-Based Access|
|1.||Self Service Banner (SSB)||Use your VikingOne Account||Faculty, Staff, & Students|
|2.||Internet Native Banner (INB)||Email Account Username*
|Faculty & Staff|
|3.||Banner 9 Admin Pages||Use your VikingOne Account||Faculty & Staff|
* There are exceptions. Banner makes it easy to maintain records on someone who applies to the University, becomes a student, graduates, and then becomes an alumnus.
Self Service Banner (SSB)
Faculty, Staff and Students will use their VikingOne Account to log into Self Service Banner to access their information from any computer, on or off campus, that has Internet access.
In Self Service Banner, faculty, staff, and work-study students are able to access:
- Temporary Bi-Weekly Timesheet
- Benefits and Deductions (i.e. Change your beneficiary information)
- Pay Information (i.e. View your direct deposit breakdown, view your earnings and deductions history, view your pay stubs)
- Tax Forms (i.e. View your W-2 form or T4 form)
- Employee Job History
- Leave Balance History
- Leave Report/Bi-Weekly Timesheet
In Self Service Banner, students are able to access:
- Registration (i.e. Check your registration status, class schedule, and add/drop classes)
- Student Records (i.e. View your holds, grades, and transcripts)
- Financial Aid (i.e. Apply for Financial Aid, review status and loans)
- Student Account (i.e. View your account summaries, statement/payment history, and tax information)
SSB User Account Information
As of June 18, 2018, SSB users will use their VikingOne Account to log in. Your VikingOne Account is the same username and password used to log into your campus email and to log into computers on campus.
Request a Change/Reset PIN
For Faculty and Staff, the SSB PIN is reset by Human Resources. Call 335-3252 for assistance, and be prepared to provide your Banner ID.
Report Issues with SSB Account
If you have issues logging into SSB, please contact the IT Help Desk at 335-3532.
Internet Native Banner (INB)
An Internet Native Banner (INB) account is only for individuals that have specific job responsibilities requiring access to INB (i.e. check departmental budget, advise students, etc.). Access to the INB system will be established only for those users who complete the required training. These classes are primarily geared to Administrators, Support Staff, Vice Chancellors, Department Chairs, and Program Coordinators. Training is not required for most faculty members who use SSB for Faculty.
Request an INB Account or Access
Account access will be given based on departmental needs.
- Submit an IT Help Desk ticket
- Complete the form, select user account request and provide details of what you will be using the account for (i.e. check budgets, release hold on student accounts, etc.)
Request a Password Modification (reset or unlock account)
Passwords expire every 90 days. The Banner System will give you a message of warning five days prior to your password expiration date. If you do not change your password within the five days prior to expiration, your account will be locked and you will be unable to access INB until it is reset.
- Submit an IT Help Desk ticket
- Complete the form, select Password Reset and provide your username
Request a Report or Change
- Go to Information Technology Forms & Documents.
- Select, fill out, and print the appropriate form:
- Report/Change Request (i.e. INB)
- Submit the completed form to the IT Help Desk