Information Technology (IT) offers technology-related training for employees and students in a variety of formats (instructor-led and online). Whether you're interested in enhancing your technology skills with a few new concepts or interested in acquiring more advanced skills, we have the tips and resources to help you become more effective and efficient in your day-to-day activities.
The professional development opportunities include instructor-led workshops, the IT Self-Paced Online Training (IT-SPOT) sessions, and available eLearning resources. Which method of training do you prefer?
- IT Training Resource in Blackboard: The IT Training Resource is an online, self-paced training utilizing Blackboard. The resource was designed to benefit employees and students for information in a centralized location relating to IT and available training opportunities.
- Banner (INB) Training: There are online, computer-based training available for Banner Fundamentals, Module Overviews for Admission Processing, Advancement, Finance, Financial Aid, Human Resources, Student, and Workflow. To access this resource, click here. (For Employees Only)
- GCFLearnFree.org: GCFLearnFree.org® provides online learning opportunities to anyone who wants to improve and/or learn new technology skills, ABSOLUTELY FREE. To access this resource, click here.
- Google Apps : Learn how to use Google Apps with step-by-step instructions and videos. To access this resource, click here. (For Students Only)
- Microsoft Office Training : Microsoft offers free online training courses and tutorials for Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Project, and Publisher. To access this resource, click here.
- TypingWeb : TypingWeb is a free online typing tutor and keyboarding tutorial for typists of all skill levels to include typing games, typing tests, and free typing certifications. To access this resource, click here.
Regardless of which method you choose, you'll find the resources you need to reinforce your Professional Development and training needs.