Viking Varsity Club
Founded in 2003, the Viking Varsity Club’s mission is to provide financial support for Elizabeth City State University’s Department of Athletics.
Their club’s primary goals are to:
- Increase membership by more than 20%;
- Seek corporate support;
- Enhance VIKING networking; and
- Increase attendance at sports events
Our Accomplishments (July 1, 2012 – June 30 2013):
- 90% Club Members renewal;
- Financially assisted all sports in the Athletic Department;
- Use of the skybox at home games;
- Increase in corporate sponsorships;
- Benny Hodges Endowed Scholarship – Endowment through the Viking Varsity Club (VVC)
- Bi-annual meetings with Coaches, VVC Members and Administrative Staff;
- Provided game tickets for high school students; and
- Incentives for Championship team.
Meet our Board!
|4- Year Term||3 - Year Term||2 - Year Term|
|Leroy Williams, '65, Chairperson||Ulysses Bell, III, '65||Matthews Coates, '88, Vice Chairperson|
|Pamela Hunter, '88||Jeanette Evans, '63||Pat Harris, '74, Secretary|
|Lenora Mackey, ‘67||Nathaniel Grant, '68||Cassie Swimpson, '71, Treasurer|
|Shirley Turnage, '67||Susie Hodges, '65||Evelyn Shaw, '66, Financial Secretary|
|Celeste Williams, '64||Nathaniel Moore, '62||Wytella Ford, '83, Parliamentarian|
Members Appointed by Chancellor
- Charles Becton, JD, Interim Chancellor
- Lin Dawson, Interim Athletic Director
- William G. Smith, Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement
- Doug Yopp, Associate Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement
Click here to join and for more information about the Viking Varsity Club!