Elizabeth City State University
MODEL Scholars Program 2013
(Motivation, Opportunities, Determination, Excellence, and Leadership)
MODEL Scholars is a summer bridge program that includes courses in English and mathematics, comprehensive support activities, and programs that promote personal development.
Participation in the MODEL Scholars program is by invitation only and is limited to residents of North Carolina. You will be invited by one of the members on our Admissions staff after you apply to ECSU. Students selected for the program must successfully complete all the requirements of the program to gain unconditional admission to the University for fall 2013.
Here at Elizabeth City State University in Elizabeth City, North Carolina
June 22 - July 26, 2013
There are many good reasons to accept ECSU's invitation to participate in the MODEL Scholars Program. You will:
- get a head start on your ECSU experience by earning six academic credits,
- meet other students and faculty
- learn your way around campus before other freshmen arrive
- have your summer 2012, tuition, fees, room, book rental, and meals paid for by ECSU.
- adjust to the heightened academic expectations and personal freedoms of ECSU before you begin your freshman year.
To qualify, students must have:
- a combined English and math SAT score of 800-850; or
- an ACT score of 17; and
- a minimum 2.5 cumulative high school grade point average.
To secure your space in the MODEL Scholars Program, contact Ms. Colette Fleming at 252.335.8712 or firstname.lastname@example.org.