ECSU Break Shuttle
Transportation for the Thanksgiving and Winter Holiday Breaks is available to and from the Norfolk International Airport and Norfolk Greyhound/Trailways Station is available for current ECSU students who live on campus.
Same day transportation is NOT available under any circumstances.
Transportation is available for the low cost of $50 one-way and $85 round-trip!
Steps to Reserving the ECSU Break Shuttle:
- Complete the online form no less than 5 days prior to your requested transportation date.
- Pay for your one-way or round-trip at the Cashier’s Office in the Thorpe Administration Building.
- Bring your receipt to the Division of Student Affairs, 500 Griffin Hall at least 5 days prior to your transportation date.
- Receive a verification email with a copy of your registration form and receipt from the Division of Student Affairs within 24 hours of submission of form AND receipt.
- Be packed and ready to leave at the assigned time on your confirmation notice.
Complete the online Registration Form today!
- A complete online form and paid receipt must be received by the Division of Student Affairs office at least 5 days prior to the transportation date to consider a reservation complete.
- Transportation will only be provided between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Transportation will only be provided on the following dates:
- Thanksgiving Break
- November 20 & 21 and November 26 & 27
- Winter Break
- December 7 & 8 and January 7 & 8
- Thanksgiving Break
- ECSU Break Shuttle can only be used to go to the Norfolk International Airport or
Norfolk Greyhound Station.
- Students wishing to go to the Norfolk Train Station or Newport News Amtrak Station may use public transit from the Norfolk Greyhound Station. Call Hampton Roads Transit at 757.222.6100 to learn ticket rates and route times.
- Directions from Greyhound to Norfolk Train Station: walk to the Monticello Stop and take the light rail (The Tide) to the Harbor Park Stop.
- Directions from Greyhound to Newport News Amtrak: Walk to Norfolk Transit Center (434 St. Paul Blvd), take bus route 961 to Newport News Transfer Center, then either route 106 or route 107 to Warrick & Lafayette Stop.
- ECSU provides direct transportation to and from the Norfolk International Airport
and Norfolk Greyhound Bus Station. Transportation beyond the Norfolk Greyhound Bus
Station is not included in the fee paid to ECSU.
Transportation to the MegaBus is NOT included in this service.
- Pick up and drop off will be at the students' residence hall.
- Students must be prepared to leave campus at least two and a half hours before my
The departure time may be greater depending on how many other students are being transported.
- ECSU is not responsible for additional transportation if your flight or bus is delayed or cancelled.
- Students cannot have anyone join their ride unless they too have registered and paid
Allowing someone else to join your ride without registering and paying is the equivalent to stealing service.
- Cancellations of transportation reservations must be received at least 24 hours in
E-mail email@example.com to cancel your reservation.
- No refunds for cancellations with less than 24 hours' notice.