PREPARING FOR NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
New Student Orientation (NSO) assists you with your transition to ECSU by introducing you to the university, its services and offices, and it provides an opportunity for new students to interact with staff, faculty, and administrators. During NSO you will meet with an academic adviser and register for classes. All new students are required to attend an orientation program prior to enrolling in the Fall or Spring semester.
- First-Year Student
- Transfer Student
- First-Year Guest - Coming Soon
- Transfer Student Guest - Coming Soon
|Friday, June 21, 2019 - Saturday, June 22, 2019||8:30 am - 2pm||Fall 2019||$165|
|Friday, July 12, 2019 - Saturday, July 13, 2019||8:30 am - 2pm||Fall 2019||$165|
|Thursday, June 20, 2019||10 am - 3 pm||Fall 2019||$125|
|Thursday, July 11, 2019||10 am - 3 pm||Fall 2019||$125|
|Attendee Type||Fee||What's included?|
|First-Year||$165||Meals, Overnight Accommodations On-Campus, Materials, Campus Guide, ECSU SWAG|
|Transfer||$125||Meals, Materials, Campus Guide and ECSU Swag|
|Guests ( Age 5 - 12)||$20||Meals, Campus Guide and ECSU Swag|
|Guests ( Age 13+)||$40||Meals, Materials, Campus Guide and ECSU Swag|
- Each student is allowed to register up to 4 guests.
- This fee is nonrefundable and must be paid at least 7 days prior to your orientation.
Arriving for Orientation
All students and their guests should report for Orientation between 7 – 8:30 am
Academic programs will use SAT/ACT scores to determine course placement. Some Transfer
Students may still be required to take placement tests
Auditions are required and will be held on the day of your scheduled Orientation session.
Please contact the music department (252) 335-3359, Mickey L. Burnim Fine Arts Center,
Room 226 to speak with them about your intent to be a music major and let them know
which New Student Orientation session you will be attending.
What to Bring to Orientation
- Twin Bed Linen, Pillow, Wash Cloth, Towel, Toiletries, Shower Shoes and any items needed for an overnight stay in a campus residence hall.
- Commit to memory your Student Identification Number (970#)
- SAT, SAT II, ACT, AP, IB Test Scores and unofficial transcripts for college-level
- Government Issued Photo ID - Driver’s license, military ID, or passport (you will need this to obtain your ECSU OneCard)
- Comfortable clothing and walking shoes
- A thin sweater (you will be spending time inside air-conditioned buildings)
- Umbrella (in case of rain)
- Water bottle