New & Transfer Student Orientation
New and Transfer Student Orientation (NTSO) assists you with your transition to ECSU by introducing you to the university, its
services and offices, and it provides an opportunity for new students to interact
with staff, faculty, and administrators. During NTSO you will meet with an academic
adviser and register for classes. All new students are required to attend an orientation
program prior to enrolling in the Fall or Spring semester.
Important Orientation Information
1 Day Program: Your New Student Orientation program will be from 9:00AM - 4:00PM - please plan to stay the entire time or you will miss out on important information.
Orientation Fee: The Orientation Fees is $110.00
This fee is nonrefundable and must be paid prior to attending your orientation program.
- ECSU Spirit SWAG, Orientation Materials, Continental Breakfast, and Lunch are provided for each student registered for NTSO.
- Continental Breakfast and Lunch are provided for up to two (2) guests.
Arriving for Orientation: All students and parents/family should report to the
Mickey L. Burnim Fine Arts Center to check-in for Orientation between 8:30 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. You will receive a detailed schedule of the day during check-in.
Placement Testing: There will no longer be an ECSU specific placement test administered during Orientation.
Academic programs have decided to use SAT/ACT scores to determine course placement.
Some Transfer Students may still be required to take placement tests; for more information refer
to the Questions & Answers page.
Music Majors: Auditions are required and will be held on the day of your scheduled Orientation session. Please contact the music department (252) 335-3359, Mickey L. Burnim Fine Arts Center, Room 226 to speak with them about your intent to be a music major and let them know which Orientation session you will be attending.
What to Bring to Orientation: In addition to the materials below, please commit to memory your Student Identification Number (970#).
- SAT, SAT II, ACT, AP, IB Test Scores and unofficial transcripts for college-level coursework
- Driver’s license, military ID, or passport
(you will need this to obtain your ECSU OneCard)
- Comfortable clothing and walking shoes
- A thin sweater (you will be spending time inside air-conditioned buildings)
- Umbrella (in case of rain)
- Water bottle