New & Transfer Student Orientation
NTSO assists you with your transition to ECSU by introducing you to the university, its services and offices, and it provides an opportunity for new students to interact with staff, faculty, and administrators. During NTSO you will meet with an academic adviser and register for classes. All new students are required to attend an orientation program prior to enrolling in the Fall or Spring semester.
Friday, June 23, 2017 New Student Orientation - Full; Registration Closed
(first time freshman only)
Thursday, July 13, 2017 Transfer Student Orientation (transfer students only)
Friday, July 14, 2017 New Student Orientation (first time freshman only)
Friday, August 11, 2017 New & Transfer Student Orientation (both freshman & transfer)
Register for New & Transfer Student Orientation using the following link: REGISTER FOR ORIENTATION HERE
Pay the fee using the following link: PAY ENROLLMENT & ORIENTATION FEE HERE
Important Orientation Information
1 Day Program: Your New Student Orientation program will be from 9:00AM - 4:00PM - please to stay the entire time or you will miss out on important information.
Orientation Fee: The Orientation ($110) and Enrollment ($50) Fees are merged into one fee - $160. This fee is nonrefundable and must be paid
prior to attending your orientation program.
- ECSU Spirit SWAG, Orientation Materials, Continental Breakfast, and Lunch are provided for each student registered for NTSO.
- Continental Breakfast and Lunch are provided for up to two (2) guests.
Arriving for Orientation: All students and parents/family should report to the Mickey L. Burnim Fine Arts Center
to check-in for Orientation between 8:00 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
You will receive a detailed schedule of the day during check-in.
Placement Testing: There will no longer be an ECSU specific placement test administered during Orientation.
Academic programs have decided to use SAT/ACT scores to determine course placement.
Some Transfer Students may still be required to take placement tests; for more information refer
to the Questions & Answers page.
Music Majors: Auditions are required and will be held on the day of your scheduled Orientation session. Please contact the music department (252) 335-3359, Fine Arts Center 226 to speak with them about your intent to be a music major and let them know which Orientation session you will be attending.
What to Bring to Orientation: In addition to the materials below, please commit to memory your SID number.
- SAT, SAT II, ACT, AP, IB Test Scores and unofficial transcripts for college-level coursework
- Print your Foreign Language Placement Exam scores
- Driver’s license, military ID, or passport (you will need this to obtain your ECSU OneCard)
- Comfortable clothing and walking shoes
- A hoodie, jacket, or sweater (you will be spending time inside air-conditioned buildings)
- Umbrella (in case of rain)
- Water bottle