New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation (NSO) assists you with your transition to ECSU by introducing you to the university, its services and offices, and it provides an opportunity for new students to interact with staff, faculty, and administrators. During NSO you will meet with an academic adviser and register for classes. All new students are required to attend an orientation program prior to enrolling in the Fall or Spring semester.
Important Orientation Information
- First-Year Students - $165
- Transfer Students - $125
- This fee is nonrefundable and must be paid prior to attending your orientation.
- ECSU Spirit SWAG, Orientation Materials and Meals are provided for each student registered..
Arriving for Orientation: All students and their guests should report to the
Ridley Student Center to check-in for Orientation between 9 am – 9:45 am
Placement Testing: There will no longer be an ECSU specific placement test administered during Orientation.
Academic programs will use SAT/ACT scores to determine course placement. Some Transfer
Students may still be required to take placement tests; for more information refer
to the Questions & Answers page.
Music Majors: Auditions are required and will be held on the day of your scheduled Orientation
session. Please contact the music department (252) 335-3359, Mickey L. Burnim Fine
Arts Center, Room 226 to speak with them about your intent to be a music major and
let them know which Orientation session you will be attending.
What to Bring to Orientation: In addition to the materials below, please commit to memory your Student Identification Number (970#).
- SAT, SAT II, ACT, AP, IB Test Scores and unofficial transcripts for college-level
- Driver’s license, military ID, or passport
(you will need this to obtain your ECSU OneCard)
- Comfortable clothing and walking shoes
- A thin sweater (you will be spending time inside air-conditioned buildings)
- Umbrella (in case of rain)
- Water bottle