The Women's Center is committed to decreasing violence on campus through outreach and advocacy and is open to individuals of all genders in the ECSU community. The Women's Center works to promote awareness of cultural factors that support violence and to combat these factors in efforts to change cultural norms on campus related to sexual assault, relationship violence, domestic violence, and stalking.
The Center is funded by a federal grant from the Office on Violence Against Women and supported by a collaborative team of on- and off-campus partners.
Goals of the Women's Center include:
- Development of survivor-focused programming to aid victims of sexual assault and sexual violence
- Continued education of campus community members on the importance of consent
- Implementation of prevention and education materials for all incoming and current students
- Provision of bystander intervention training to campus and student leaders
- Fostering of dialogue among campus departments and between students, faculty and staff
- Raising awareness of violence against women through a Speaker Series and other campus-wide and community-focused events
- Communication of the unacceptable consequences of sexual violence on the individual and the community to students, staff, and faculty
- Development of university policy and protocol related to sexual misconduct and sexual assault
Contact the Women's Center:
Elizabeth City State University
502 Griffin Hall
Hours: 8AM-5PM, Monday-Friday.
For information on services or resources after-hours, or for additional information, please email the Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 252.335.8535.
If you need immediate aid and/or are not safe at this time, please call 911.