Home / The Office of the Chancellor / Department of Enrollment Management and Retention / Financial Aid

UNC Campus Base Scholarship

Financial Aid

UNC Campus scholarship is awarded to entering freshmen that graduate from a North Carolina high school that have a cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 or higher and a composite SAT1 score of 1200 or 17 score on the ACT. Eligible students must earn 15 semester hours each semester, agree to participate in the University's academic improvement effort, the First Year Experience, which will include an assessment of the students' general education background and readiness for upper division work. Eligible students must also exhibit high moral and ethical standards in personal and scholastic behavior as outlined by Elizabeth City State University's (ECSU) student handbook and Catalogue. This award has a maximum value to equal the cost of tuition, fees, room, board and books up to $3,800 per academic year. This is awarded after all other need-based funds are awarded. Freshmen students can receive this for 8 semesters.

Continuing eligibility is based on the student earning 15 semester hours each semester, reapply for financial aid by March 15th of each year and meeting the required GPA:

  • 30 credit hours earned - 2.5 cumulative GPA.
  • 60 credit hours earned - 2.75 cumulative GPA.
  • 90 credit hours earned - 3.0 cumulative GPA.
  • 120 credit hours earned - 3.0 cumulative GPA.

To be eligible as a transfer student, a North Carolina resident student must be a graduate of a community or junior college in North Carolina, earned an Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Science (AS), Associate of Fine Arts (AFA), or a certificate in a program that articulates directly with an academic program offered by ECSU. In addition, you must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the community or junior college you are transferring from and maintain a 3.0 GPA after earning 30 and 60 semester hours at ECSU.

There is a one time reinstatement policy. You must submit a written letter requesting reinstatement. As long as you are making academic and credit hour progress as prescribed in the requirements and funds are available, you may be reinstated.