Applicants to the Master of School Administration Program must meet the requirements below and submit the required documents to the Office of Graduate Education.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution;
- North Carolina "A" teaching license and/or the equivalent from another state;
- Overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- Three years of teaching experience;
- ECSU Graduate School Application;
- Copy of GRE or MAT scores. The original should be sent from the testing agency;
- Two official transcripts in sealed envelopes from all institutions attended;
- Statement of purpose (3-4 pages typewritten);
- Non-refundable cashier's check or money order of $30.00, payable to Elizabeth City State University;
- Completed ECSU Student Health Services form;
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (two of the three must be from professional educators who can document your potential for leadership and work ethic); and
- Interview with the MSA Coordinator and/or faculty.
The requirements described above are minimum requirements and do not guarantee acceptance. Students are selected and admission decisions are based on consideration of educational factors (i.e. interview, performance, and communication skills). A limited number of students who do not meet the minimum standards may be allowed to enroll with special student status. All applicants are encouraged to apply.