Admission to Candidacy
Admission to Elizabeth City State University in a degree program does not carry with it admission to candidacy for the graduate degree. Approval of degree candidacy by the Office of Graduate Education certifies that the student's academic performance has been reviewed and that permission to pursue the program of study to completion has been granted. Admission to candidacy, granted by the Director of Graduate Education when students have completed a minimum of twelve (12) fifteen (15) credit hours, requires the following:
- Admission to a degree-seeking program;
- Completion of a minimum of twelve (12) fifteen (15) and no more than eighteen(18) credit hours of graduate study at Elizabeth City State University, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher at the time of application for admission to candidacy;
- Departmental assignment of an advisor;
- Departmental approval of the program of study; and
- Satisfaction of other conditions affecting admission.
The following is the procedure for requesting admission to degree candidacy:
- The Graduate Program Coordinator submits an Application to Degree Candidacy Form to the Office of Graduate Education after the student completes twelve (12) fifteen (15) hours of graduate study at Elizabeth City State University; and
- The Office of Graduate Education processes the form and distributes copies to the student, advisor, Graduate Program Coordinator, Department Chair and Dean.