The ECSU Foundation mission is to serve as the steward of private contributions to Elizabeth City State University in order to provide educational assistance for students, to support faculty, and to secure the operational needs of the university. The Foundation receives, invests, and administers funds received, as a result of charitable contributions from the private sector, on behalf of the students and programs at ECSU and, as a result, for the greater good of the community.
- To steward the resources entrusted to the organization's care,
- To support and assist others in conjunction with ECSU,
- To provide opportunities to individuals who might not otherwise be able to attend college,
- To invest wisely and conservatively to ensure growth of the endowment,
- To partner with the university to meet its mission in the community,
- To communicate openly, frequently and honestly with constituents,
- To honor the privacy of our donors and friends,
- To value diversity in all its forms and respect the dignity of the individual,
- And to ensure that the organization meet both the letter and the support of the laws that govern its work.