General Procedures and Steps to Follow for Publication Development and Approval
The Office of University Relations and Marketing is responsible for reviewing and approving these items; however, the creating University department is responsible for the content, accuracy and initial proofreading of their visual communication.
Each publication, document or print advertisement may have different needs and require different levels of service from University Relations and Marketing. On a case-by-case basis, adjustments will be made to provide the appropriate service to achieve the desired outcome.
- Document Owner should submit an electronic draft of the publication to the Director of University Relations and Marketing for review at least 3-4 weeks prior to the print or release date.
- Director of University Relations and Marketing will review and make recommendations and/or changes to the text, graphics and photos. If necessary, we will help arrange professional typesetting, layout and graphic design of the document.
- Document Owner will work directly or indirectly with the designer/typesetter on a pre-arranged basis depending on the need and type of document.
- Document Owner will work directly or indirectly with the printer on a pre-arranged basis depending on the type of document.
- Revised Final Draft or approved document and the Publication Approval Form (link to pdf form) should be submitted to the Director of University Relations and Marketing with approved signatures.