Minimum Course Requirements
All applicants must meet the following minimum course requirements to be eligible for admission:
Six course units in language, including
- four units in English, and
- two units of a language other than English.
Four course units of mathematics in any of the following combinations:
- Algebra I and II, Geometry, and one unit beyond Algebra II,
- Algebra I and II, and two units beyond Algebra II, or
- Integrated Math I, II, and III, and one unit beyond Integrated Math III.
Three course units in science, including
- at least one unit in a life or biological science (for example, biology),
- at least one unit in physical science (for example, physical science, chemistry, physics), and
- at least one laboratory course.
Two course units in social studies, including one unit in U.S. History, but an applicant who does not have the unit in U.S. History may be admitted on the condition that at least three semester hours in that subject will be passed by the end of the sophomore year at Elizabeth City State University.
Applicants who graduated from high school from June 1990 to June 2006 must meet the following:
- Graduation from an accredited secondary school (If the applicant did not graduate, a high school equivalency or GED is required.)
- Presentation of a satisfactory combination of high school grade point average (GPA), SAT or ACT score. A high school GPA of 2.0 or above.
- Students must also pass the North Carolina Competency Examination or its equivalent in their state or country of origin.