Course Link pop-ups require javascript, but without, links simply open target page as expected
Elizabeth City State University
print page
Elizabeth City State University

Transient Credit

Course work undertaken by Elizabeth City State University students at other accredited institutions may be transferred to the university subject to the following regulations:

  1. The university is not obligated to accept any credit from another institution unless the student has obtained initial approval from the Department Chairperson. A Permit for Transient Study form should be completed and submitted to the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs for approval.
  2. No student with a cumulative grade point average below 2.0 on a 4.0 scale will be allowed to take courses at another institution; such credits are unacceptable at Elizabeth City State University.
  3. No grade below "C" will be accepted; quality points will be honored on the 4.0 point grading system.
  4. The student must request that an official transcript be mailed to the Registrar's Office upon completion of the course.

Students who have attained senior status may not attend a junior college, community college, or a technical college or institute and receive credit toward graduation at ECSU. Exceptions to this rule must be authorized by the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.