Initial Admission to the Program
According to the criteria established by the Teacher Education Advisory Council, to be eligible for admission to the Teacher Education Program a student must:
- complete the application to the Teacher Education Program;
- have successfully completed a criminal background check and have a satisfactory record;
- have taken and successfully completed:
- EDUC 210 Professional Studies I: Introduction to Education..
- EDUC 211A: Introduction to Education Field Experience (15 hours);
- meet all academic and dispositional requirements of the program including: at least two acceptable disposition evaluations; and
- adhere to the SAT/ACT Guidelines and the Pre-Professional Skills Test I (PPST/CBT) of the Praxis Series receiving the accepted score specified by the Department of Public Instruction.
Each student who applies for admission to the Teacher Education Program will be given written notification regarding admission or denial of admission. A student is not considered admitted to the Teacher Education Program until such notification is provided.