Retention in Program
To remain in the Teacher Education Program the student must:
- maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above in both the professional courses and the specialty area;
- attend the Education Major's Meetings;
- meet with Advisor(s) each semester;
- follow the curriculum guides for (1) an education major/minor and if appropriate (2) the chosen academic concentration; and
- maintain compliance with all other academic and dispositional requirements.
A student who fails to maintain the requirements stated above becomes inactive in the Teacher Education Program and may not continue as a Prospective Teacher until he/she applies to and is accepted for reinstatement in the Program.