Requirements for Licensure
Program completers wishing to be licensed initially must have completed and have on file in the Office of Teacher Education the following forms:
- An official copy of his/her transcript;
- Satisfactory completion of all electronic evidences;
- Certification of teaching capacity form;
- Form submitted by the LEA (public school) to the Office of Teacher Education. (Please note that this form is filled out exclusively by the Local Education Agency with collaborative assessments from the cooperating teacher and superintendent's designee). This form must reflect that the Student Teaching experience was successful;
- A copy of Praxis II passing score, if applicable; and
- The fee required by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction for issuance of a teaching license.