Elizabeth City State University
Admission: Transfer Students or Advanced Standing
- The Admissions Office will consider applications for students seeking to transfer from junior and/or community colleges or four-year colleges and universities accredited by their respective regional associations if the applicant has an overall cumulative GPA of 2.0 (C) or above and 24 transferable credit hours.
- Each transfer applicant must provide official transcripts covering all college work attempted. College courses that have not been completed within the last seven years will not be accepted automatically for transfer credit.
- Transcripts will be evaluated in relation to the requirements of the specific academic program for which the student is accepted.
- Grades less than "C" will not be accepted for transfer credit.
- Students who have been placed on academic probation at their institutions but who are eligible to return to that institution will be considered for admission with the same status at Elizabeth City State University. Students who have been dismissed or suspended for disciplinary reasons from their institutions will not be permitted to enroll at Elizabeth City State University.
- Prospective students who have attended an accredited college but who have earned less than 24 semester hours of transferable credit must meet the freshman admission requirements. Also, the student must be eligible to return to the previous institution. Therefore, a transfer clearance form must be submitted by all applicants.